Home > Summer Seminar > The 5th Summer Seminar
The 5th KOSTAT-UNFPA Summer Seminar on Population will consist of three consecutive and independent workshops. Applicants are encouraged to select one or more workshops among the three courses.
- ① Topics
- Workshop 1 - Demography with R
- Workshop 2 - Subnational Population Projections
- Workshop 3 - Ageing and NTA
- ② Venue
- Workshop 1 - Good Morning Residence Hotel Hue, Daejeon
- Workshop 2 - Crown Harbor Hotel, Busan
- Workshop 3 - Ocloud Hotel, Seoul
- ③ Lecturer
- Workshop 1 - Guy Abel (Vienna Institute of Demography)
- Workshop 2 - Kwang-Hee Jun (Chungnam National University)
- Workshop 3 - Sang-Hyop Lee (University of Hawaii)
테이블스타일정보 - Workshop 1 Workshop 2 Workshop 3 Topic Demography with R Subnational Population Projections Aging and NTA Period July 23 - July 27 July 30 - August 3 August 6 - August 10 Venue Daejeon Busan Seoul Lecturer Guy Abel (Vienna Institute of Demography) Kwang-Hee Jun (Chungnam National University) Sang-Hyop Lee (University of Hawaii) Lecture hours 30 hours 30 hours 30 hours
- ④ Working Language
- ⑤ Tuition fees: Free
- · Free one-day field trip for each workshop
- · Participants should cover their own travel, meals, lodging, and all other activities in Korea. The organizer does not support any transportation, including airfare.
- ⑥ Class Size
- Around 30 participants for each workshop
- ⑦ Graduate Students’ Benefits
· Accommodation (double occupancy) and meals will be provided for each workshop for up to ten full-time graduate students on a selective basis.
· Application: Submit the boarding & lodging application form with a copy of official certificate of enrollment (Please find the boarding & lodging application for grad students on the ‘Information Board’)
· Application deadline: June 18(Mon), 2018
- ⑧ Participants requirements
· University graduates
· Proficiency in English in order to follow the English lectures
· Training and experience in a field relevant to the topic of the selected workshops
- ⑨ How to apply (choose one)
- · Online application page on the website (http://www.appi.re.kr/eng)
- · Send a completed registration form to firstname.lastname@example.org
- * Registration cancellation is available only by July 2nd.
- ⑩ Registration deadline: June 18 (Mon), 2018
- At the end of each workshop, certificates bearing the name of the commissioner of KOSTAT will be given to participants who successfully complete the workshop.
- * Inquiries - Asia Pacific Population Institute (APPI)
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Tel: +82-42-489-9329
- Fax: +82-42-483-9331